- Watching an episode of West Wing to try to imagine what could be again. 23 hours ago
- My son: “I believe that from now on presidential debates should be done in a rap battle format.” 1 day ago
- RT @gtconway3d: Imagine debating a monkey that just makes noises and throws poop. 1 day ago
- #WillYouShutUpMan 1 day ago
- @fluffyguy was looking forward to taking my son to your denver show and TOTALLY understand the reschedule but he’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Kudos to the Southern Plains Land Trust in southeast Colorado for working to bring back native Bison to the prairie. Inspiring mission – and a good start with a few of these guys.
When I was traveling to the Denver / Boulder area for work, one of my favorite things was to be able to sneak in a scenic hike on the same day that I had to fly. You could either get … Continue reading
Wonderful hiking park only 45 minutes from Denver. f
What a great time to hike Sassafras Natural Resource Area in Kent County, Maryland. Perfect place to witness springs’s arrival.
Battlefield hikes are always some of my favorite. The open vista walks are a constant source of scenery (as opposed to the normal “wait-for-it” hike to the peak or overlook), and as a birder, the meadow habitats attract a … Continue reading
If you are not much into the haunted hayride scene but think it would be fun to inject a little creepy into a Halloween hike, consider a visit to the section of the Appalachian Trail that passes through Burkittsville, Maryland … Continue reading
“You should not blog about this trail” my wife said to me as we came upon the overlook. We had been walking along the trail for an hour enjoying open views of the Shenandoah River, the Blue Ridge Mountains and … Continue reading
Think many of the official state birds are stupid or boring? If so (or even if you don’t care), this is kind of funny: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/05/state_bird_improvements_replace_cardinals_and_robins_with_warblers_and_hawks.html
One of the funniest outdoor experiences I have ever had was at the beginning of a Colorado River float in Radium, Colorado. My family was loading into a raft with a guide and another family when the guy from … Continue reading